Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My go to recipes (for this month anyway)

I am not much of a cook, and I really hate going to the effort of cooking something new and either not liking it or it just not turning out right.  So i have started a list of my 'go to' recipes for when I am asked to bring something along to an event.  These recipes have to be easy, work everytime and I have to like eating them.

For something sweet, I have been loving Chocolate and Coconut Slice.  I follow this recipe exaclty and am always pleasently suprised.  And the bonus is, I always have the ingredients in by cupboard (no fancy stuff).

My go to salad at the moment is Roast Pumpkin and Spinich
I see this salad around quite a bit but I have adapted it to my liking:
-Cut 1/2 a butternut pumpkin into 1 cm cubes, coat in olive oil and salt and roast on an oven tray for approx 25 minutes.
-Once the pumpkin is cooled you can make up the salad.
-Mix lightly in a flat salad bowl, one medium sized bag of fresh spinish leaves, 100 grams of broken up feta, roasted pumpkin and 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds.
-Dress with olive oil and salt and pepper.



3 comments:

  1. I often add some avocado to it, and make an olive oil, honey and garlic dressing to go over. It is one of our families favourite 'special' salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin salad sounds yummy, thank you Kara! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...