Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spring Inspiration


I like to think that things in my home fit the description above.  I like the power of deciding what resides in my home, and having the power to remove 'stuff' if I want to.  I like having memories and stories connected to everyday things.  I recently replaced my newish and pristine mixing bowls with my mothers and grandmothers used and memory filled bowls.  I liked replacing the new with the old, becuase they have a story and are now part of my story - long after their owners are no longer with me.

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful. We are moving in two weeks and i'm doing my best to de-clutter beforehand so we don't just take junk into the new house.

    I think I'll show that quote to my husband so he is ok with me getting rid of everything I'd like to!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...