Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Should we just all learn to share?


I came across this interesting article today and been thinking about it ever since.

It is basically talking about how we could reduce our consumption of products by simply sharing more.  And the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.  When was the last time we simply borrowed somthing instaed of going out and buying it?  And whilst I do a lot of 'sharing' with my parents I do very little of sharing with others or an even scarier thought...my neighbours.  
For example, I have a lot of books and dvds...and now baby products that I have only used once and would be more than happy to share with those around me.  I have also found that lately I would rather borrow from the library than own a book, and have sworn off buying DVDs since the purchase of our HD recorder.  

So here is to sharing...I am trying to teach baby boy about it...and now I need to put it in to practice myself.

Anyone need to borrow something?

http://collaborativeconsumption.com/

2 comments:

  1. It feels great when your house is filled with stuff you actually use. I have stopped buying books too- they just collect dust when I'm done! And same with DVDs- the only ones we buy are the ones the kids will watch over and over. Too bad Will isn't closer to get all the boys' hand-me-downs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you talking about...Jack's hand me downs have been perfect. Between him and Ethan I haven't had to buy Will clothes or shoes since you guys left. It has been so great. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...