Saturday, September 4, 2010

Washing Day

I love it when the weather gets warmer and this week is the first week of Spring.  And it promised us good things to come.  The sun was shining and the washing on my line was drying quickly.  

I have been using Cloth (modern coth naappies) since baby boy was about 6 weeks old and have really been suprised by how easy they are to use.  I will admit that I am not as good as some and generally only use them 2-3 days a week, not at night and not when we are on holidays, and I usually don't use them if it is raining heaps.  Ok, that sounds like a long list....but when I do use them I feel good!  ( I know it sounds dumb, but if we have been a little over budget for the week or  I really want to buy something I break out the cloth nappies).  They a little like my own version of food storage.

And in summer when baby boy wears a cloth nappy and singlet he looks soo cute.

There are so many brands of (MCN) Modern Cloth Nappies out there now and so many websites to order them from; however, my one recommendation would be to use something that has a component of bamboo in it.  They soak up so much more, and last a lot longer. 

I have also found that the Sun is the best bleach I have ever used.

1 comment:

  1. I definately want to invest in some of these for next time? I had 2 from my mother-in-law and they were great, but baby grew out of them before I could really use them much! Thanks for the reminder Kara - I love all your great tips!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...